Frontier is a US based telecommunications company which manufacturers routers. Frontier routers are among the best routers available in the market. They provide different kinds of routers for all kinds of purposes. The routers are quite efficient but sometimes you face issues like Frontier no internet connection. There are many reasons due to which this can happen. Let’s have a look at some of the causes due to which there is no internet connectivity in the router.
Causes for no internet in Frontier router:
- The router may not be configured correctly and due to that it can loose the internet connection.
- Another reason is that the router may be broken.
- There can be a server error or a defective connection because of which your devices are not able to connect to the internet.
- It is a very simple and basic thing but the device might not be placed properly in a smooth surface. You can have a poor Wi-Fi connection due to that.
These are some of the probable causes for Frontier router not working. Now, let’s have a look at some of the common troubleshooting ways to resolve the error.
Ways to fix no internet in Frontier router:
- Perform the power cycle on your router. Disconnect the plug from the wall socket. Then, press the power button for 15 times. Then, plug the cord back in the socket.
- Make sure that the Wi-Fi is placed properly on a smooth surface.
- Check all the wires and plugs connected to the router and see if something needs repairing.
- Reboot the router.
- Ensure that you are entering the correct credentials while connecting to the router.
- Reset the router back to factory default settings.
The above mentioned steps should help you resolve any error the device may be facing. After this, you can access Frontier router to configure the settings of the router. Let’s have a look at the same.
Steps to configure Frontier router:
- Open any web browser in a device connected to the router.
- Then, type the default IP address http://192.168.10.1 in the search bar of the browser.
- Click on enter and you will be directed to the login page of the router.
- Enter admin as the username and the word password as the password of the router.
- Click enter and you will be navigated to the settings of the router.
- There you can change the username and password of the router. Edit other settings.
- Click on save to apply the changes.
Follow the steps and make the necessary changes in the settings. Customize the username and password of your network.