Belkin routers is quite a popular brand for routers. But having troubles with your Wi-Fi connection is a common problem. It affects the connectivity and performance. Since all of the work and every other aspect of our life is monitored through the internet, having issues with the internet can hamper with that. Belkin router troubleshooting help you resolve those errors. When you do not know the exact cause of the problem, these ways will help you fix the issues. First, let’s have a look at some of the probable causes for router not working.
Causes for Belkin router not working:
- The router maybe overheated.
- Misconfiguration in settings.
- Some technical issue related to the internet service provider.
- Faulty Ethernet cables or wires.
- Blinking lights on the router.
Now, let’s have a look at the ways through which you can resolve these errors and issues.
Common troubleshooting ways to fix Belkin router not working:
- All the cables and wires should be connected to the router properly.
- Make sure that the router is placed properly on a smooth surface.
- Restart the modem and the router.
- Restart the devices connected to the router.
- Reset the router back to factory default settings.
After going through the troubleshooting steps, you can move on to Belkin RT3200 setup. The process is quite simple. Connect the modem to the router using an Ethernet cable and another to the device to login.
- Connect the devices to an electric power socket.
- Then, connect your router and computer through an Ethernet cable.
- Open a web browser and type 192.168.2.1 in the address bar.
- You will be directed to the router setup page, select the type the internet connection.
- Make other modifications and click on save to apply the settings
The Belkin Wi-Fi range extenders can be setup wirelessly. Using your Wi-Fi device. Locate and connect to Belkin.setup network. On a page that would open, tap on Get Started. Select the wireless network and enter the password. Belkin N300 wireless range extender setup would detect the various wireless Network from which you can select to extend the range of the Wi-Fi.
Open a web browser and type 192.168.1.1 in the wen browser. Now, log in through default credentials to update Belkin router software. Go to the utilities section of the navigation panel. You will see multiple options here, click on the function you have to perform. Select, update firmware. Then the automatic installation will take place.