Xfinity routers have different light indicators that tells about the status of the device. If the lights on the router are stable, there is no internet connectivity error. But if you see, Xfinity router blinking orange. It means that there is no internet connectivity in your devices. The major cause of blinking orange light on the router is that the firmware is getting updated. It is a router software that helps the device to run smoothly. If this is the reason of blinking orange light in the router. There’s nothing you should do about it. Wait for some time while the router gets updated and you will receive the connection back. But if it’s been some time and you still find Xfinity router not working. There is some error due to which the router is not able to connect to the internet. There may be a service outage in your area or server error, you should contact your ISP regarding the same. You can also visit the office company website and check if there is se maintenance issue from their end. Some other reasons due to which you can find blinking orange light are lost internet connection, devices not plugged in correctly, overheating of the router and modem. Let’s have a look at some of the ways through which you can resolve these errors.
Ways to fix Xfinity router blinking orange:
Check for any upgrades and update your router.
- Restart the router and see if the light has turned yellow.
- Check the splitter, if it is damaged remove the old splitter.
- Connect the router and the modem through an Ethernet cable.
- Reset the router to default settings and configure it again.
- Contact your internet service providers regarding service outage and server error.
Follow the steps mentioned above and the issue should be resolved but if still persists, you can reset the router back to factory default settings. The process will erase the current configuration of the router and eliminate any errors. Here’s how to reset Xfinity router. Follow the steps mentioned below.
Steps to reset Xfinity router:
- Locate the reset button on the router. It is usually present at the back of the router.
- Press and hold the reset button for 10-15 seconds.
- Release the button when you see the lights on the router are stable.
- The router will take a few minutes and set back to default settings.
Thereafter, you can enter Xfinity IP address in a web browser of a device connected to the router and navigate to settings page of the router. The default IP address of the router is 192.168.0.1.